Monday 29 June 2020

EARLY CHILDHOOD


                                         

British India 
This House Resembles Ours  in Karachi

I was born in Karachi, British India so many years ago.   I consider myself very lucky because I had wonderful parents who offered me their love and devotion with great largesse.  I remember our house on number one Mary Road in Karachi, a large, imposing house and a lovely garden with many tropical trees and multi-coloured flower beds.


My Mother besides being very beautiful and charming was, also, a fabulous cook and an excellent hostess.  My parents were deeply in love and very well matched, and my precious Father was an extremely kind and magnanimous person on whom one could always depend.


When I was naughty I was corrected and sometimes disciplined but always with ultimate affection.  I was never really punished at that early age.      
 

I constantly remember my best friends June Wilson, Cynthia Peterson, and Freddy Coming (Freddy Coming is coming!).  We all went to Miss Julia’s Montessori Kindergarten where we had excellent, highly qualified teachers who taught us to be confident, secure, inquisitive, and we, therefore, became very happy youngsters.










We used to play hide and seek in our respective gardens with the boys, and with our favourite dolls and dollhouses when the girls gathered.   I remember with great nostalgia the fancy dress birthday parties that we all so enjoyed where we supposedly danced the foxtrot which was very fashionable and a great craze right then.


Since early childhood, I realised how much my parents offered me and I was thankful for their deep affection and dedication.  It was a superb period of my life which I remember with utter satisfaction, and I wish to thank them both for the beautiful early memories of my long life.


People who have fond memories of their childhood, specifically their relationships with their parents tend to have better health, less depression and fewer chronic illnesses as adults, according to research published by the American Psychological Association.



To be continued on a next post.



Pink Rose by Becky Yates
Dedicated to my Beloved Parents





No comments:

Post a Comment