Saturday 24 December 2022

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHISTMAS

 

Twas the night before Christmas 

When all through the house 

Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care

In hope that Saint Nicholas soon will be there

The children were nestled all snug in their beds

While visions of sugar-plumbs danced in their heads

And mine in her kitchen and I in my cap

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap

When down in the lawn there arose such a clatter

I sprung from my bed to see whats the matter

The man from the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave lustre of mid-day to people below

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear

But a miniture sleigh with eight tiny reindeer

Wth the little old man so lively and  dear  

I knew at the moment it must be Saint Nicholas and the reindeer

More rapid than eagles his cources they came

And he whistled and shouted and called them by name

"Now Dasher, now Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen 

Now Comet and Cupid and Donny and Blitzen 

To the top of the porch to the top of the wall

Now dash away, dash away. dash away all."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment