Monday 8 May 2023

LATEST GREEK NEWS IN ENGLISH


  After the 2nd World War which we spent with great difficulties in Cephalonia where our house was fIrst requisitioned by the Italians and then by the Germans. The winter of 1941 was a very severe one and many of my compatriots died of starvation.

Fortunately the war was won by Greece and our Allies and we returned to Karachi which was then British India and  I went to school in Auckland House in Simla. I cried myself to sleep because I was so homesick. 

Then I went to Trinity College Dublin to study history but I did not finish because my parents were conserned about the Korean War which was then in full blast.

I consider myself very lucky because I had wonderful parents and I was married to a handsome and excellent man and we loved each other very much.  Unfortunately he died aged 92 and I still miss him terribly.

I have two wonderful sons Spyros and Yiannis Two lovely dauthers-in-law Yianna and Elipida six grandsons and one grand-daugter and five great-grand-daughters.what else could I ask for? I am blessed.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT THE PARTHENON MARBLES MUST RETURN TO GREECE 

NEW DEMOCRACY IS EXCELLENT FOR GREECE.

No comments:

Post a Comment