Sunday 30 January 2022

AN ODE TO ATHENS



:

                                   


                                   Lost somewhere in the alleys of Filopapou

                                   The city manages not to hurry

                                   The round of death began Saturday night

 

                                      A wind is piercing my body

                                      I am wetter than my trench coat

                                       But I am desperately looking for you in my Athens

 

                                        I can smell smoke from the park

                                        And from the balcony jasmine and honeysuckle

                                        And I can hear Tsitsanis from an untuned instrument

 

                                         So many years every night and it is not enough

                                         Someone might say it's my love

                                         But I am desperately looking for you in my Athens  

                                       

                                         Chamenos kapou sta stena to Philopappou 

                                         Edo pou i poli katafernei na min biazetai

                                         Sto kentro archizei o gyros thanatou, brathi Sabbatou kai

                                         Enas aeras na trypaei to cormi mou

                                         Ego vrergmenos pio poly ap tin kabartina mou

                                         Ma se psachno apegnosmna stin Athina mou

                                         Apo to parko me echei parei to doumani

                                        Apta balconia yiasemia ke nychtoloulouda 

                                        Mia xekourdisti laterna pou pianei Tsitsani

                                       Tosa chronia kathe vradi pou den fathanei 

                                       Kapios tha elege pos psaschno apegnosmena yia tin Athina mou.  

  

                                            

 

No comments:

Post a Comment