Sunday 5 April 2020

GREECE (Continued)

In my post, GREECE Continued) of the 8th February 2020 in I had written:

"Much to our great pleasure our beloved daughter-in-law Yianna was pregnant, so soon we would become grandparents!"


So, our precious grandson Alex was born in Berlin on the 13th of May 1982, to the delight of his parents, and doting grandparents.  I could never imagine that I would feel this profound sense of love for this tiny creature that I haven't even met.  Now, that he is grown up we are very proud of him because he is a very successful Biomatic post-doc scientist,  he has a PhD in Mathematical Biology, Mathematical Modelling, Fish Stock assessment,  Marine Sciences in Interdisciplinary Research.  Moreover, he is  a wonderful husband, father, son and grandson,     


Then Yiannis got married and our only granddaughter, Joy was born on the 19th December.  She was a lovely child that grew into a beautiful and accomplished young woman, with a PhD degree in Psychology.  She is thoughtful, kind and resourceful, and it is a great pleasure to be in her company.


Constantinos, Yianna and Spiros second son, is a very pleasant and intelligent young man who was successful with his entrance exams for the Agricultural University of Athens.  He now produces several herb-scented kinds of honey which are out of this world.  He also has a lovely girlfriend, whom I still have not met.


My grandson Stephanos, Alex and Constantinos' younger brother and his girlfriend Evie came to visit me a couple of times.  They are a charming and amiable young couple, and I sincerely, hope that their relationship will have a happy end.


Alex, Elpidaki's and Yiannis' older son, is studying electronic engineering in Bath but he had to return to Greece due to the coronavirus restrictions.  He is a charismatic, pleasant and extremely popular boy. and he has a lovely girlfriend, who is, apparently also, a very nice person.


His younger brother, Chris, my youngest grandson, is an absolute pet, a delightful young boy, kind and helpful.  He also has a gift in writing, and this makes me wonder if a budding author is slowly developing?


And last, but by no means, least are my three beautiful great-granddaughters, Janna, Sophia and Nephele, 7-, 5-, and  2-years-old.  They are lovely children, the joy of life, and beautifully brought up by their parents. They are now staying at home, like all of us, I visualise them playing, studying, drawing. painting and enjoying each others company with a few intermediary pranks!



Needless to say that I love my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren so very much.





Painting with Passion by Gary and Kathwren Jenkins 





   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment